We are bringing the OTN EMEA tour back for a third run. If you are interested in having an OTN tour stop in your city, please read this information and submit your application below.
We are looking to have the 2016 OTN EMEA tour roughly in May and/or June. Typically, we will have between 3 and 5 Oracle ACE Director and/or oracle employee speakers travel from city to city for one-day OTN technology events. Depending on which ACE Directors are travelling, topics can include database, apex, development, middleware, operating systems and Oracle applications. Each ACE Director will typically do two presentations in each location.
While OTN sponsors these tours by funding travel costs for ACE Directors, please keep in mind that we have to rely on local partners and user groups to organize the events locally. We therefor ask the hosting local user groups and/or sponsors to provide the following:
- event location. This can be a conference center, university, a sponsor’s office or a local Oracle office
- marketing. We will advertise this event on this web site and through some OTN channels but the local user groups are responsible for rallying up their local community. Invite them via email or social media
If you have any questions, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you are interested in becoming a host location, please fill out the form below. We will accept suggestions until November 27th. After that, OTN and the tour organizers will work out which locations should be part of the tour and work with the local organizers on making commitments and finalizing the schedule until January 8th.
We will then publish the schedule and do a call for paper for speakers. Local organizers will receive all bios and abstracts and vote for their favourite speakers. We will then select those speakers with the most votes before january 29th and start working on the travel logistics.
27. Nov. collect suggestions on Cities/Events
08. Jan. finalize cities/events, start speaker CFP
22. jan end cfp/ start voting
29. jan finalize speakers